Well today is the launch of the new Google page rank update for August but it is also near enough 5 months since Computer Learn How was launched so I thought what better time to look at how computer learn how is progressing.
The site was started in March of 2012 and things have gone from strength to strength for the site in the past 5 months. The main aim of the site has always been to provided quality information to those seeking it and over the past 5 months we have hopefully got better and better at that.
90% of the content is written by us with the other 10% written by selected guest authors. We try our very best to make the content original, useful and relevant to what you were searching for.
I know some of the stats below mean very little to some but I do see them as a good measure of how a site is progressing.
Google Page Rank
I am not going to lie that I was a little disappointed with the latest page rank update. I was hoping that the site would reach at least page rank 3 but to be honest I am still happy that the site has now reached a PR 2 especially considering how the Google algorithm has changed over the last 6 months.
We were lucky enough to go from a PR0 to a PR1 in the may update (the site was only 2 months old) and 3 months later we are now a PR2 website. If that trend keeps up then we will at least know we are doing something right but we will strive to continue to bring quality content.
Alexa and Mozrank
In the first 3 months we seemed to storm up the alexa rankings reaching the top 300k in that time. Progress since then has been a little slower as we compete with the more popular sites but we have managed to reach at the time of writing an alexa rank of 156,526 which we are pretty happy with.
Our mozrank seems to fluctuate between 4.4 and 4.7 which again we are happy with but will work to improve. If there is anything you think we can do to improve or think there is something we should add please do let us know that is what the comment section is for.
This is probably the most important part as it means we are reaching our audience and providing something useful to our readers and the part where we have seen the biggest improvement in over the last 5 months. Our traffic has increased and is still increasing at a rate of about 40% every month. July was the first time we broke the 10k unique visitors mark with over 13k unique visitors and 20k page views in July.
We are quite careful with our content and try to ensure that the content is useful and original so you will not find many “filler posts” on our site.
We have a total of 142 posts on our site at the time of writing and approximately 10 are guest posts that we have accepted over the past 5 months. We have rejected a number of guest posts over the last couple of months simply because we did not feel the quality was high enough. The guest post we have published are high quality and appreciated and we would like to thank the guest authors.
There are also over 100 comments spread across the posts. All our comments are moderated before been approved and in the last 5 months we have rejected over 5000 spam comments!! Unfortunately this happens when your comments are dofollow. We are happy to give back links if the comments are genuine though.
So thank you to our readers and subscribers for sticking with us and we hope to bring you more great articles and tutorials over the next 5 months. If there is something you believe we should be doing better or that is something we can add to the site to improve your experience please let us know we appreciate feedback and that is what the comments section is for!